 Trains / 1124
    Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Joe Davenport
   Hi Chris, First, thanks! I'm glad you like my stuff. I found an older picture of the caboose taken at an angle so the ends can be seen. Check it out at: (URL) doors are just the plain old freestyle type that have been around forever. I used those (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Tom McDonald
     (...) This little caboose is great! IMO this other picture somehow really brings out its "caboosiness" that I had not noticed before. -Tom McD. when replying, let your metroliner run over the spamcake. (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Christopher Masi
   Joe, Thanks for the pictures and the comments. I haven't got around to copying your caboose yet, but when I do copy it I might try one of the larger 4x3 windows instead of the small 2x2. It probably won't look right with the bigger window. Did you (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Larry Pieniazek
   Well, I generally like Joe's work but I have to take a contrary view. I feel there is a line between "successfully selectively compressed" and "too small" and I feel this particular caboose is well over that line. It's so short that it is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —David Blomberg
     Here's my two cents, not that anyone cares. I like the proportions and interior detailing of Larry's red caboose. But, I like the black roof and decals on Joe's. I think the decals make all the difference in the world between the two models. Picture (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Joe Davenport
      (...) We all like to hear feedback! (...) I tried one of the rounded tube 4 stud wide 'roll bar' pieces for the railing first, but it didn't look right. I could try the piece Lego uses for train railings, but it is 6 studs wide and I wanted to put (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Christopher Masi
     (...) As everyone knows I am not a real modeler [1], so the realness or the toyness of the model does not change my opinion usually. The toy factor might even make it more appealing to me. It has a cuteness to it while still resembling a real (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —John Neal
     I guess I would have to agree along the lines of Larry's critique. It is compressed and toylike-- not that there is anything wrong with that (thank you, Jerry S) if that is the look you desire. If, however, you are looking for realism based on a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")
     Lots of snippage, just the facts :) (...) Thanks for the links! maybe now I can finally build a few Milwaukee Road cars in honor of my Dad, he was a Engineer on the rails when I was little. (...) Please do!! I saw those and was wondering if it would (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Tom McDonald
     In lugnet.trains, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes: <snip> (...) For white, you would have to put white bricks under where you wanted the white lettering/graphic to be and make the lettering transparent (or rather no color at all) so the white would (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —John Neal
     There *is* a particular printer that will print white, but, of course, you'd have to buy it:-( I could find the brand if anyone cared....:-) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Joe Davenport
      (...) I did make the caboose shorter to look more proportional to the shorter stock cars that pull it around. All cabooses I have seen are shorter than the cars. I just looked up Larry's caboose. I like it. Much more 'Lego' than mine. Love the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose —Carrie Whitcher
   Hi Larry, Sorry to be adding this so late but I just joined the newsgroup...I have had a lot of success with Microscale decals and the Microset that is applied over them...Great results! Much better than (well, at least different than) the dry (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)