 Trains / *3632 (-20)
  Re: Lego a hit with Fresno Model Railroaders!

This is so cool. I love to hear stories like this. If TLG is really reading these posts this must prove that LEGO trains are a viable alternative to more traditional "TOY TRAINS" SteveB PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?

If you can scrape up a few grey windows you can build decent cars from the engine parts of a second set. I built one using blue framed town windows and while it wasn't GREAT, it looks OK. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?

(...) Can't - as I noted, I didn't get anywhere near what I ordered, and I have previous trades (including a 4558, but I want two) that dip into what little I have. I really need to keep the club cars if I am to have any decent sized Metroliner at (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?

My 2 centavos. (...) This strikes me as skewed. The older crossing is now rarer and is worth much (30-50%??) more than the newer one. (...) A tad high. My 4536s ended up averaging around 47 each across all of them. I personally (and I KNOW that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego a hit with Fresno Model Railroaders!

Thats pretty cool Mike, I've been thinking about going to one of the meetings of the Piedmont Division which is the NMRA chapter in Atlanta. But I wasn't to sure how they would respond to the LEGO trains. Maybe I'll be inspired by your actions and (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego a hit with Fresno Model Railroaders!

I went to the Fresno Model Railroad club meeting last night and brought some LEGO train stuff. I figured one or two people might want to see one, but that most would not be interested. Ha ha ha, how wrong I was. There were about 25-30 people there (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?

I noticed someone lately offered to trade some 4537s he had for some 4536 blue hoppers, and someone took him up on the offer. I personally consider the 4536 to be "worth more" than 4537s, but that's because I have so many of them. My recent DYA buy (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  WAMALUG Event Reminder & Webpage Update

Hello Everyone, The WAMALUG Announcement God here to remind you all of meeting and shows. In addition, we have added a special page to our website! Our special page contains three Lego Haikus created by one of our members, Jennifer Boger. You can (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) In that case, if people need them, LMK, as I have TON's of that set...Yellow Beams! James P (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) The covers of the Kadee coupler boxes are held together with a touch on each side by a soldering iron, melting the plastic together along the whole length of the coupler box. You can super glue them of course, but depending on the type of (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

John Neal wrote in message <3874ED15.29C70BDB@u...st.net>... (...) As of Tuesday morning S@H was sold out of 3225. I spoke with them and asked about this set speciffically. I have a bunch of Diners Club points[1] burning a whole in my pocket that I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) There are at least 4 in the 8277 set. (The large robot one in yellow.) I picked it up for a steal at Zellers. Dean (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) have (...) Jeff - That's a very good reference page - please leave it intact a little while longer. Great photography to catch those details. A few questions, if I may... 1. I used the same Kadee couplers you did, and glued them on center to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) The Kadee couplers I modified to use on my LEGO train layout worked perfectly. I never had a Kadee coupler break off from the bricks it was attached to, even when coupling very hard to the car, nor did I ever experience any coupler problems (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

(...) For fun, with a second sensor you can make a gouvenor, which takes it speed from the track, and with a third motor you can change the gouvenor setting :-). It works reasonably with the ligth sensor as well. Then it is analog. But I found the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

AFAIK they are only and have always only been available through S@H (in the US) -John (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

OK, got it. Instructions even included. (...) chopper (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I recall somebody posting pictures of a design that sounds like the below here (or maybe on RTL?--but I'm pretty sure it was here) not tooooo long ago. I think the stubby tapered beam can be had for example in the red Technic chopper that's been on (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) That'd be great, Frank! I generated a few flimsy Kadee/LEGO conversion prototypes, but I need to beef them up before they withstand contant use. My kids destroy them in no time, and thus function as excellent beta testers for my designs. I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) picturing this right, since if you inserted those slope-out I'd think you'd derail one or both cars before they separated. --Ben (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact