 Trains / *2122 (-20)
  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) That's extremely offensive. YOU auction things to make money. You could just as easily describe what I do (buy lots of copies of sets on clearance, keep what I want out of them, then auction the rest) as "flogging" the rest of you for a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Paul Foster <pfoster@execpc.com> wrote in message news:37C97602.C9458A...cpc.com... (...) spread (...) You must not have read this thread all the way through. Parts would only be ordered in lots that TLG would be willing to do it for. Adam (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) Hrmmm, strictly from the technical side of things, your ISP shouldn't even begin to enter into the "threads" equation here on Lugnet. Since there is only ONE server that carries the threaded discussion groups, if you can connect and read any (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Train doors and windows

It would appear that as normal my ISP is isn't getting all the threads about this thing, and I'm therefore getting the wrong impression. I wish to apologize for sounding ungrateful to people like Larry who's actions I have misinterpreted due to not (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Train doors and windows

It would appear that as normal my ISP is isn't getting all the threads about this thing, and I'm therefore getting the wrong impression. I wish to apologize for sounding ungrateful to people like Larry who's actions I have misinterpreted due to not (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) The above statement appears to be the whole problem with your proposal. I predict you will get 100 different people who want a total of 95 different parts, leaving your deal to die due to lack of interest. I think the train deal will work (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) My two cents worth( admittedly not much but :::shrugging shoulders:::: what the the hey...) I am not a train head either, but any part can be used in any model :) . I am still what I consider a "novice" to the art of Lego so please allow me a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) You're wrong, near as I can tell. Christer (ER, not IAN) told me he was getting bombarded with mail, told me that too much uproar would sour the deal and get his friend in trouble and cause it not to happen. Keep it up. (...) Go ahead. No one (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) I think your repeated mean spirited posts are what is slimy here. Why not let the blood pressure drop for awhile? This is the first *possibility* of an order from TLG so why do you want to push it? Please just wait and see how and if it goes (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  (canceled)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Hi Adam, I think its all academic until we know the price per part or per run of a part. What we then need is not a pledge of money but of the number of each part people want and therefore how many runs of that part will be needed. This consortium (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Let me start this out by saying I am NOT a trainhead, yet I hope to be in on this deal, because believe it or not, train windows/doors can be used for other purposes ;-) I also know nothing more about the deal that what has been posted in here, but (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Hi Larry, Its always good to get ones intentions out in the open. My concern is that someone has encouraged Christian in Denmark to deal with people in the 500 club to the exclusion of all others, tell me I'm wrong. Why can't interested people put (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message news:slrn7sgvsb.7be....UTK.EDU... (...) I (...) what's (...) us. (...) Neither do I. My main reason for sending out the suggestion was to ensure a better success rate. IMO as money offered (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37C8AAA8.7AE750...ger.net... (...) (Snip) (...) No, I've never done a large deal before, but I don't see the flaws. Could you point them out so they could be corrected? As far as the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) Except for the fact that I have spoken to Christer on the phone one time, and that he faxed me some information from TLG, both facts being things that increased my confidence that this might happen, but which added no other information, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) I'm just a bystander here (not participating in the consortium) so I'm not in possession of many facts, but it's worth noting is that the discussion actually started 5 days ago in .trains and has only recently wandered into other groups like (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Sub Consortium - $50 each (Was: Train doors and windows)

I would like to create a sub-consortium of 10 people commiting $50 each. If you are interested please send me email at asherk@pobox.com. I will take the first 9 people and no more. See the below email for details. -- Asher ======LarryP Said===...=== (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) Just to be clear, either you don't agree with me or I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here and later on. I have absolutely NO desire to change, adjust, alter, or anything else, this deal going through with Larry's coordination. He's only (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train doors and windows

The parts are train doors (L & R), 2x3 and 4x3 train windows, the glass to go with the windows and doors (these are separate #'s), and old-style sliding doors as in 7722 (I think) and accompanying track pieces. Color is unknown, at least to me, but (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact