 Trains / *13479 (-20)
  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) True (or was true back in the old days) (...) False. It's a better model than recent TLC efforts but it's not "very good". Search the net and you'll find far better. Mike Walsh has one for sale that is way better, in part because it has the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new train cars, MOT or 9V cars

(...) I'd very much like it if the train portion of the database were modified to be more generally usefull. My organization would be something like: trains - push - engines (includes MOT) - train sets - 4.5v - engines - sets - accessories - 12v - (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Primary uses were: - Provide a place for the conductor and brakeman to ride - Provide an office for the conductor to do his paperwork - Provide a place to cary various things neccessary to maintenance and operation of the train - Provide a (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) See this post from yesterday on train compatibility for more information: (URL) >- The 12V system has electrical accessories which 9V doesn't have: (...) No command control, though a few folks have adapted DCC for 9V use (it would work equally (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mathis to Matthes: OK in Desert; Thanks for the Wheel Flange Rims

(...) It wasn't me! Stefan Vorst produced the rims and i could imagine that he also sold some in the US?? I will forward the positive feedback to Stefan ... (...) Well, that's true ;-( [What about a Thatcher Perkins legend?] (...) Not at all ;-)) (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) I'm sure someone will elaborate on this, but... The train crews included the conductor, who would wacth the train so that if any car derailed, they would know. the caboose also allowed protection of the rear of the train, so that other trains (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) OK, so if I understand this correctly, the track for 9V and 12V is actually the same gauge, the difference is purely electrical? (...) These sound like pretty nice features to have. Do either 9V or 12V have any type of Command Control type (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new train cars, MOT or 9V cars

(...) I think the MOT's are only classified as the train locomotives that you can decide the colors of. The train cars are MOT cars, but only one color. Josh (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

The caboose is a warm place to rest and heat up some beans and make a pot of coffee. It also is a very good model. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:GGz4qz.JxH@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  new train cars, MOT or 9V cars

Hi, Not to be nitpicking but I was wondering if the new train cars (caboose etc.) should be located under LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > My Own Train instead of LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > Train Cars (where they are now) The box-art clearly (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) 4561 is a good parts set and if you want something NOW it's a good choice. You may be able to find it for less than list too. Check various web sites or your local Target which sometimes has them on sale. (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mathis to Matthes: OK in Desert; Thanks for the Wheel Flange Rims

(...) <snip> HoMa, did you sell a set of these to Thomas Main? I got a chance to see them at Brickfest, if so, and they look really nifty. Very nice work. I liked how you got them to "snap" on so only friction held them on but they came off easily. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) Additionally, 4558 did not have the regulator (which is presumably why the picture of the 4548 box for the regulator has a picture of the Metroliner on it). 4561 does have some good parts, just ignore the instructions.... I would like to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  what is the use of a caboose?

Well, the subject says it all, isn't it? Why should I buy the caboose? TIA, Jeroen (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) I think you will find that it doesn't. If you look at the box cover in the set database, you will see that the regulator is not shown as included, but is crossed out meaning you need to get it separately. (...) I'm not getting into this (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Opinion Page at LEGO.com (I post at request of Ondrew; roj2323@yahoo.com)

Hi all, (...) No matter. This link: (URL) is the right one. It takes some time to answer all the questions, but it is worse it. Thanks to LEGO, that they want to hear our opinions concerning LEGO and their products, web-sites and the S@H. Most (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) lol Lar is correct. The gauge of LEGO track compared to a minifig to scale would be over 5' wide.... (...) Not to speak for them, but I think they are deciding between the BART and the Frisco.... (dumped .build and general and added (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Matthes to Mathis ..

Hi James, (...) Yes aluminium. I had the same size-problem while I build the second BR 10 engine in black. The version A in white was also 2 studs shorter ;-) But it was worse it ... (...) Did I get this? My alu-flanges won't roll all at the same (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) That is certainly true, but we don't even know if 10001 will include the speed regulator as of yet. By the way, Harvey suggested that Henry get the 4561-not the other way around. When I had my 4561, I still managed to build a small shunting (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) I agree. Go with 9v. However. Don't listen to Henry there. :-) Wait a month and get set 10001. Most people think #4561 is juniorized junk. (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact