 Trains / *12134 (-20)
  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) As Warren Buffet would say, management shouldn't dwell too hard at making public projections-- it leads to irrational management behavior in obtaining their announced goal. A well managed company would concentrate on keeping their quality (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Personally, I can't wait to see what new train stuff is in store. While not everyone is happy with the new train (I am), the train summit, bulk doors and windows and the new sets shows us that Lego is commited to the line. However, the wait for new (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)

Dean, That looks really great - I've been checking out some Steampunk ideas for an upcoming NELUG Brikwars idea, and your car is wonderfully inspirational for that genre! I love it! You could probably make it act as a fully functional cable car, (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)

(...) Have you tried to compose the floor out of some 2 stud width plates, with one of the Technic Plate with Holes in the center. This last part would take the stem from the 9 V motor in a not too obvious manner, eleminating the need to raise the (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Knew about what? ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you checking your mailbox much?

(...) I am not Chris, and I don't even play him on TV but I bet it's the train contest... I have already resigned myself to not winning, since I did not enter. ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Wasn't there an NDA signed? <Cue the big lawyers in the United States of Litigation> So you guys did know about this. What else ey? Santosh (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you checking your mailbox much?

(...) Don't know about kudos, but the form letter I received today from US S@H informed me that the backorder for the 1x4x3 clear thin-wall panels [1] has been further backordered. I now have the options of waiting until sometime in June for (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Lar I believe your right when you say junioriztion is to blame (partly)I think that the US fans can have more of an influence on be halfof the world wide AFOL on lego A/S since the number of AFOL's fans esp into in the US and US in general (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

What are you talking about Chris? jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:3B047999.474CF5...ane.edu... (...) against (...) you (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Are you checking your mailbox much?

I don't know about you, but every afternoon I go to my mailbox hoping against hope that I might find a letter from LEGO Direct. So, is it just me, do you check your mailbox every day too, or has one of you talented folks already received your kudos? (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

1) We don't cover our tables with bricks (they are painted LEGO brick green), we use spring loaded clamps to hold the tables together (they're about a $1 a piece at Home Depot) 2)I always take a few pieces of cardboard with me to shim up the tables (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

For the train clubs that use folding legs, I was wondering if you could answer the following: 1. If you don't have enough Lego bricks to cover the entire surface of the talbles, how do you hold the adjacent tables together? 2. Do you have a problem (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Yes, I hope that the recent fair they are providing us now really helps us help them in their decision making. (...) Within the context you describe, I fully agree. And I also like the parts selection as well. (...) Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC at Legoland, CA

(...) Congratulations! That is great to here that you guys get to show off your stuff at LegoLand. The PNLTC is where I got my real inspiration to stop whining and start building![1] Chris 1. You know...I'd sit around moping if only I could get (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Where was Lars when I had the floor at the summit? :) Way inside, but I drew simular conclusions when we were asked about the new train at the summit we had several months ago. And the designer was there and this creation is not a (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

In lugnet.trains, Lars Brandt writes: <snip> (...) I would dispute that. I've met the current train designer and his work is aces, it would blow your socks off. Your issue is not with him, it is with the parameters around what sets are designed and (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC at Legoland, CA

Question: am I correct in assuming they are going to put up a Kidvention 2? Last year, all the clubs put in some sort of train car representing their club, same this year? Very interested :-) Adrian, Southern Cal Lego Train Club "Yea, yea, took us (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

In lugnet.trains, Richard W. Schamus writes: <snipped insights> (...) Hopefully sets like the new Sopwith Camel sell well enough to convince LEGO that there is a market for high quality, highly detailed sets. And I would guess they're also watching (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Wow, thanks for the insight John! I always suspected that creativity and versatility were scrapped for sake of a set design's monetary bottom line. It just kills me (and probably the designers too) that the designers are not given as much of a (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact