 Trains / *12099 (-20)
  Re: Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

(...) You're absolutely right Eric, the main page at S@H for this item doesn't state any numbers, but the enlarged image does. I just didn't notice this. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: event "champions"...

Well if you build your train right you can get away with "just gunning it". If it's too light then you do get a lot of wheel spin, of course too heavy and you slow the train down. And yes there is a width limit, I failed to mention that in my (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

WOW! That is terrific! I love it!! I am impressed with the technology too! I would assume part of the skill is not just gunning it full speed on the green light, but rather quickly working up to speed for better traction. Oh and I assume with your (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Private for Larry P.

(...) Roger that, I saw and replied... (...) FUT off-topic.test... but let me say this, if Bryan has some good stuff for me, what is already a nifty app will be even niftier! (go look in market if you want to see what it's all about) So it's not a (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I'm still not sure how I will do the ends with the correct window details. As I mentioned before, a set of gray 2x3 windows would do the trick. But I don't have a slew of Metroliners. So I might settle on stickers (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Private for Larry P.

Larry - my email is down. *But I got the JS working.* I will email you when my #%@! email server is back up. -- Bryan sorry for the waste of bandwidth in lugnet.trains. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) At least he is aktive there in the new auction house: his name is "lar". (...) Muelheim (...) Ok, I deleted that picture and have uploaded it under new name... Sorry I really was of the opinion it was yours, Frank.... Regards, Ben (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) Ein bischen. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) (URL) Larry, do you post/read there? (URL) ) (...) Yup, except that the train in that picture is not mine (I don't know who owns the train in the picture)... The trains in this picture are mine: (URL) the back (right side) of the picture you (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis are you there?

(...) I'm going with my railroad's Blue & Grey (mostly all of mine are posted here, and mostly all in B&G < (URL) >) (...) Well I'll see what i get. Josh (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

(...) /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) That's correct. "Felsir" is the nick of Frank Buiting. He uses it if he posts at the german newsgroup under 1000steine.de and he has also given it at his lugnet memberpage: (URL) have had the luck to see some of his creations at the FGLTC show (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GDD90v.5E2@lugnet.com... <snip> I myself have done a conversion of a 9V motor to run on 12V track, and Felsir (...) </snip> Would Felsir be Frank Buiting? I know he did the same (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) That's a good option. I bet there are some SNOT methods also - in fact, how about a 1x2 clear brick on end, studs out. Cap it with a tile and attach it with to a 1x plate on the bottom (against the door). The 1x plate and the tile form the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) No problem! I am trying to snap off a few pics every time I take a new train or subway...which is all too often. In fact, I tried to grab a few of the new Amtrack train (Acela or something?). It is very cool/futuristic looking. I am also (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) You could mostly avoid this (seeing the side wall through the back window) by using a thin wall immediately behind the window. That would mean that to see the wall through the window you'd need to be straight on to the car, *and* squinting. ;) (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) Again, I disagree. The body to truck proportions are wrong, yes. But, at least in my models, the LxWxH proportions are more or less correct. Sometimes the height is a bit too high for the width (maybe in the 'bug, for example) but not always. (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

I knew this would start a 6 vs. 8 debate... But that was not the goal of the initial post. The goal is to get some feedback on how this can be done in 6 wide. If there are no creative, cost effective solutions, then I will probably settle for a less (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

Hello all, The train- as well as the boat-people may be interested to know that, at least in Europe, accessories item #5044 is available from Lego S@H again. This accessory pack containes: 1x part 2617 Platform 16 x 16 x 2 & 1/3 Even and 1x part (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) You mean that a 6 wide is *stretched* to get an 8 wide? (...) Well, that's the point. The proportions are *wrong* to begin with in 6 wide-- if you are trying to model to scale. But that's okay; I mean, compression happens;-) It's just a (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact