 Technic / 7584
Re: Aviation Tractor MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:40:54 GMT

Hi
Great MOC.

About the power problem I agree with Jennifer 2 motors should be enough.
A problem could be that it is too much friction losses, I had to rebuild
the drivetrain in my Tatra before it moved at all.
It is possible to skip the diff and run the motors parallell, just make
sure that they run in same direction.
I have 4 like that in the Tatra, with that configuration I managed to
lift 1,3kg and pull a lot more.
Btw how did you managed to steer with the micromotor? I have tried but
they always are to weak.

Regards Pehter

http://www.geocities.com/kolrot/lego

Simon Bennett wrote:

I have just finally finished putting together a page for my latest MOC, one
of those weird flat trucks used to tow planes.

Originally I built it to enter the .technic towing challenge but it turned
out a bit weak in the towing department so I rethought it as a modelteam MOC.

Here's the page:
www.lugnet.com/~958/DC12-44H

Here are the raw pictures:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Psi/Technic/AviationTractor

PLMKWYT (particularly if you can offer advice on improving the power)

Psi