 Technic / 7580
Re: Aviation Tractor MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:00:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
Looks AWESOME!

Thanks.

About powering the beast...
I've been looking into powering my 5571, which is also quite heavy. My
solution was to use an old gearblocks as found in 872 (the square ones),
place them so the output axle goes perpendiculair to the frame. Put a motor
on both ends. If this still isn't powerful enough, use 2 gearblocks (still
working this out, specially how to fit it in a 5571 without ruining the
looks and how to keep it from crushing gears)

Hope this idea will be of some use. Good luck with this awesome project!

That's a great bit of lateral thinking - I have one of those boxes so if my
attempts to simplify the drivetrain don't work I'll give it a try. Thanks.