 Technic / 7570
Re: Aviation Tractor MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:26:42 GMT

"Rebecca Taylor" <arellcat@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Gxuq6x.Ft@lugnet.com...

This reminds me of a series of vehicles that my friend Robin and I made, • oh,
15 or so years ago now.
Before I digress, this was of course with the round 4.5V motors, and I
distinctly remember us saying "more power, more power".  We ended up • running
the cars on (probably) a combination of 1.2V and 1.5V cells, so the motors
were operating at about 8V.

Likewise, back in 1982 or so I couldn't afford batteries all the time so I
used to drive the 4.5V motor from a 9V AC/DC convertor. It did eventually
die, but that was another experiment entirely.

OK, who's up for driving their models with a mini 12V sealed lead acid
battery? :-) The only problem I could see with these (over than the obvious)
is that at full charge I believe they are higher than 12V.

Jennifer