 Technic / 4534
Re: The bodge and it's use in Technic Construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:20:53 GMT

bob sardelli wrote:

If I understand correctly, sounds like what we (in USA) call a "kludge".
Although in a less technical (read "non-computer geek") context we might say
its was a jury-rigged or jack-legged solution.

More or less, but I think "kludge" carries more negative connotations than
"bodge"; a bodge is generally thought of as a clever workaround (although still
a workaround), whereas "kludge" seems to imply an ugly or inelegant solution
that will cause problems either now or at a later date.

Just my parochial opinion!

Jennifer Clark