 Technic / 4525
Re: The bodge and it's use in Technic Construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:09:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ray Kremer writes:
A bodge is a british term for when you come up with a solution that isn't
exactly right. A bodge is like, when you use tights for a fan belt or any
type of fix that isn't neat or when you have to resort to using the parts
you have instead of the parts you'd choose to use. the dictionary's not very
clear in it's defenition. If any other brits can define it better there
welcome to do so.

The word bodge comes up quite often in the BBC show "Scrapheap Challenge",
shown here in the States on the cable channel TLC under the name "Junkyard
Wars".  If you want another example, TV's MacGyver frequently bodged things.

Hehe...it's interesting how quickly the topic changed in this discussion. I
don't think I've heard the word "bodge" before but I have seen "kludge" used
many times...

Although I don't think I know what a "dif case" is. Something to do with
differentials perhaps?

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com