 Technic / 4556
Re: The bodge and it's use in Technic Construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:37:35 GMT

You must remember, this is the English language we are talking about.
Pronunciation rules don't have to make sense.  (ghoti = fish!)

<G>

Bob

In lugnet.technic, Martin Scragg writes:
In lugnet.technic, William R. Ward writes:
The preferred pronunciation of "kludge" is "klooj", actually.

Why?

If it were spelt 'kluge', as in 'luge', I would agreed, but as it is spelt
'kludge', I think that it should be pronounced as per 'fudge', 'sludge' etc.

Martin