 Technic / 4581
Re: The bodge and it's use in Technic Construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:27:17 GMT

"bob sardelli" <squidmaan@yahoo.com> writes:

You must remember, this is the English language we are talking about.
Pronunciation rules don't have to make sense.  (ghoti = fish!)

This example by Mark Twain doesn't convince me, it ignores the context
of letters
(try find an english word were gh at the beginning is pronounced f).
Read
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/People/clamen/misc/humour/TheChaos.html
instead, and have a good laugh too.

Jürgen