 Technic / 4424
Re: 2001 Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:59:06 GMT

I agree.  I am not sure who coined the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix
it" but as my old QC instructor use to say, "if it ain't broke, how do we
make it BETTER!"  That should be the goal of every Lego fan.  After all,
this is how we learn and improve the products we use everday (sorry the
Product Design Professor is coming out here!)

I know my next project is to incorporate my RCX into the Tow Truck.  Then
during the competition that we at the college are hosting, I can have this
big blue Tow Truck remotely controlled to pick up the loser.  Should be a
fan favorite.

I want to control the RCX (mabye two) so that I can control the movement of
the truck with the remote control and also use motors to keep a constant
pressure within the vessels.  It should add a lot more to the "cool factor"
when I create this amalgam.

Steven B. Combs, MS, CIT
Associate Professor / Instructional Technologist
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
http://faculty.ivy.tec.in.us/~scombs

"Improving" an official Lego model is a good way to keep them interesting
longer (to me at least...)

Thanks,

Olivier