 Technic / 4391
Re: 2001 Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:40:17 GMT

True, but i like to say

Kit 8466 is 4 Wheel Drive, full suspension and V8 engine, also a gear box
appears in the photo. Too many panels and not enough beams like the Space
shuttle...

But anyway, another 4 tyres like the Power Puller's

--
Michael

- - -
Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk

Lugnet Member# 151
Lego Magazines from the Past and Present
   www.lugmag.com or www.lugmag.co.uk

Home of the UK Lego Technic Club Magazine
                www.technic-uk.co.uk

"TheProf" <stevencombs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Thanks for the link to the new kits.  They both look interesting, however
they still seem to not do much beyond roll across the floor (I smell a • theme
for this year).  I guess I really am a product of the video game • generation.
I am really spoiled by the Tow Truck and the Space Shuttle.

Steven

In lugnet.technic, Michael Edwards writes:
There is 2 Big Technic Kits for sale later this year

8465 and 8466

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/medwards/pic/2001/2001.html

--
Michael

- - -
Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk

Lugnet Member# 151

Lego Magazines from the Past and Present
  www.lugmag.com or www.lugmag.co.uk

Home of the UK Lego Technic Club Magazine
               www.technic-uk.co.uk

"TheProf" <stevencombs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I just started following Technic Models to support my Robotics habit • and
have begun looking through some older catalogs.  I have even purchased • the
Lego Tow Truck and the Space Shuttle from a couple of years past. • However,
I was wondering, is it me or are the big Technic Models (and the line • as a
whole) really boring this year.  It seems that the Technic line has • become
the Star Wars line.  And what is the deal with the Silver Champion.  It
looks pretty, but that is where the "coolness" wears off in my eyes. • It
really doesn't impress people after the initial look.  With the tow • truck
and the shuttle, people look at it and are impressed, but when you show • them
what they can do, the wow factor really kicks in.  Anyone else feel the • same
way or am I off base on this?  And has anyone heard any rumors of • upcoming
models?

Oh, and one other thing, what's up with those Bionicles (sp?).  Pure • bunk!

Steven