 Technic / 4409
Re: 2001 Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:38:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ray Kremer writes:
Lego 8448 looks great.
I noticed
someone said that this set has some pneumatics.  How are they used?

They're not really pneumetics.  They're slow release springs, kind of like on a
screen door.  You can use one to do the pop-up roop of the convertible version
or use both to do the gull wing doors version.

I checked this set out and thought it offered no new functionality, now it
has to go on the list, damn.  Can you confirm that these 'slow release
springs' are new parts and the function of 'door closer' is new?  I'll take
a look at an 8448 this weekend.

I was hoping that my refusal to get any 2000 or 2001 sets would be a bit of
consumer pressure for TLC to improve the line.  (Mind you I accidentally
bought some ionicles for £3.50 each (mostly so I so I could get the new
'fat' cogs). sorry).

BTW - I would support taking Bionicle news out of Technic too.