 Technic / 4423
4422  |  4424
Subject:
How about ideas for new elements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:51:24 GMT

The threads discussing what new mechanical functions and what new sets we
would like in Technic has got me thinking about elements that are logical
progressions of existing ones but that don't exist.

I often find myself after a version of the 3/4 connector which is 1/2 on
each side as I want it go where the flange of a 1/2 connector would clash
with a brick.

Also why the strange distribution of lift arm lengths - I have found a need
for a five with teeth on the end holes and for a four and a six without.

I also want a 'triangle' that actually is, i.e. 3 or 2 on top decreasing to
one.  This would enable me to create spring hangers which don't take up
masses of room but are still rigid.

Does anyone else have any ideas (or can tell me why the ones I've mentioned
are not necessary!)?

Psi