 Technic / 4444
Re: How about ideas for new elements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:36:02 GMT

Simon Bennett wrote:

Also why the strange distribution of lift arm lengths - I have found a need
for a five with teeth on the end holes and for a four and a six without.

I assume they have their reasons :-)

Nevertheless I have resorted to modifying liftarms to meet some of these
requirements myself, for example, cutting up 6 or 7 length liftarms into 2, 3
or 4 length pieces. These can be incredibly useful for bracing and the 4 long
ones can be used in some places where you would use the 1x4 "propellor blade"
part, which seems to be quite rare. My excavator uses such a piece for the
bucket linkage:

   http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/excavator.htm

I've also resorted to cutting up the wider liftarms with a bend in them into
smaller pieces, and lo and behold, such parts are now beginning to appear
"officially".

Jennifer Clark