 Technic / 4443
Re: Micromotor slippage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:23:30 GMT

olivier wrote:

My current model is adding a countersteered rear axle, and this seems to be
too much for the micromotor, no matter what.

I had a setup like this on my mobile crane which worked pretty well - it would
steer when the vehicle was stationary, but was fairly slow, although not slow
enough to attract adverse comments from non-lego "operators". You can see some
details about it here:

   http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/crane.htm

My most recent truck uses a gear motor for the steering, which is far more
effective both in power and response time.

Jennifer Clark