 Technic / 4431
Re: Micromotor slippage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:02:52 GMT

In my latest model I found the same thing. It's a mobile crane with 3
steering axles, 2 front, 1 counter. It would only steer while moving, and
still with difficulty. The trick would be to put more gears on, but then
steering would be very slow. It'll also depend on the wheels/tyres you use.
The ones that are on the tow truck don't look realistic on a truck, but they
only have a small contact surface, and allow the pivot point to be close to
the center of the tyre.
I don't think a micromotor will be doing the steering on my next big
truck/crane....

Duq
"olivier" <ogerou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hello all,

So, how much load has anyone successfully placed on a micromotor?

I used a micromotor to steer 2 tandem axles in one of my model of a
sideloading container truck (see olivierg.50megs.com/steering.htm for
details). When the truck was loaded, the micromotor slipped (at the grey
fitting over the black output shaft). When the truck was moving, however,
the steering was fine.

My current model is adding a countersteered rear axle, and this seems to • be
too much for the micromotor, no matter what.

Anybody has any advice on how to reduce slipping?
Anybody has any pictures or explanation of models using micromotor (for
heavy loads)?

Thank you,

Olivier
olivierg.50megs.com