 Technic / 4428
Re: Micromotor slippage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:51:17 GMT

I have not used the micromotors for any steering assemblies but the geared
motors work very well. Using short, low power (and counted so to get back to
center easily) pulses I've had no problems either moving or stationary.
Getting them to fit into tiny places is a whole 'nuther world. Placing them
back to back w/a drive motor and using 2 u-joints I've had good results and
plan on using this same setup in my next project (still in visionary stages)
This a  pic of the undercarriage of my webcam using this steering setup...
http://carcanague.webjump.com/Images\moc\junglecam\image24.htm
More pics of the webcam are at...
http://carcanague.webjump.com\Images\moc\webcam\index.htm
My MOCs are at... (the dragsters are my favs)
http://carcanague.webjump.com\Images\moc\index.htm

Enjoy and be patient waiting for the tumbnails to load, 50megs.com needs to
get FTP support soon so I can upload the whole site at once.

Fred