 Technic / 4422
4421  |  4423
Subject:
Micromotor slippage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:02:13 GMT

Hello all,

So, how much load has anyone successfully placed on a micromotor?

I used a micromotor to steer 2 tandem axles in one of my model of a
sideloading container truck (see olivierg.50megs.com/steering.htm for
details). When the truck was loaded, the micromotor slipped (at the grey
fitting over the black output shaft). When the truck was moving, however,
the steering was fine.

My current model is adding a countersteered rear axle, and this seems to be
too much for the micromotor, no matter what.

Anybody has any advice on how to reduce slipping?
Anybody has any pictures or explanation of models using micromotor (for
heavy loads)?

Thank you,

Olivier
olivierg.50megs.com