 Technic / 3153
Re: Adjustable 4 wheel steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:25:36 GMT

Hi,
Speaking of steam engines, I've built a working Lego live steam engine...
OK, OK, the boiler and piston are metal, but the chassis is Lego Technic.
You can see it at:
http://www.wegmuller.org/trains/Gscale/livesteam/index.html

Details of the chassis are on my Lego page at:
http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/index.html

For those interested, the steam engine is made by Midwest:
http://www.midwestproducts.com/heritage_steam_engine.htm

Greetings,
David

Interesting subject. I have been trying to simulate a Valve Gear with
technic elements
and I can say that the Walcharts valve gear is difficult to model because of the
curved expansion arm. Any ideas how to do this with Lego elements?

BTW a great valve gear simulation can be found at:

http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/steam/valvegear.htm

--Jim