 Technic / 3124
Re: Adjustable 4 wheel steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 00:14:37 GMT

Jennifer,

Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:G4nnIJ.1uM@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
Jennifer,

The way to get less steering on the inner axles would be to reduce the
effect of the control on those axles by moving the fulcrum (or whatever).

Indeed - but would this not also reduce the effect when in crab mode too,
where all axles should be steered equally? I was wondering if it would be
possible to get an assymetric effect from the linkage, so that having the
control fully one way would result in more steering movement than having • the
control fully the other way.

Well, you could make it so the fulcrum of the "open I" link isnt in the
middle. Or just make the controls movement biased towards unison (same
result). Or limit the control's movement in the "crab" direction.

And may I also take this opportunity to congratulate you on your latest
"construction construction"!!!

Ta!

NTR! (no thanks required) It's an exceptional model! As are the others on
your page! Have TLC offered you a job yet?  8?) BTW, if you look at my
lugnet page (#469), you'll see I'm working on a tower crane. Looks like Ive
got the "construction construction" bug, too!!

ROSCO