 Technic / 13756
Re: Lego RC set 8369
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:09:43 GMT

Tommy Eriksson schreef:
In lugnet.technic, Maico Arts wrote:

Tommy Eriksson schreef:
That is axactly the point:
You cannot connect a steering axle to a driven axle connector and vice
versa. These connectors are not the same. As I said, there is no option
to connect the second rear axle to one receiver unit.

That is the reason why my 4 axle vehicle uses two complete dirtcrushers:
2 front axles, 2 rear axles and 2 receivers...

Some pictures can be seen here btw: http://www.t-hok.nl/rc

Greetings
Maico Arts

If so what's the point of the set. LEGO even says that it's for building a 6
wheeler, not replacing a broken gearpack. If anything they should release a
steering pack since i can see the steering giving in way sooner than the gears.

Same question for me.
Unless there is a package with a splitter cable to be able to connect 2
rear axles, but I haven't seen it...

About steering axles, these steering pieces tend to bend not break. They
can have a lot of wear before they need replacing.

First types of rear axles had bad planet gearing inside the rear axle
and those inside dishes broke in pieces. Problem you get is that the
wheel won't turn. These axles break down in heavy stress like when you
are demonstrating with them 10 hours a day for a month. Then your dirt
crusher is making lots of overtime making this much of houres. This is
when parts are breaking and rear axles need replacing. Gave me the time
to check the inside :-)

Now rear axles have metal dishes and thus don't break anymore. Let's
find out what part will break ;-)

Greetings

Maico Arts