 Technic / 1342
  How do I...

Does any one ahave an idea on how I could turn a gear half way, then that one stops, and another one goes around halfway, and so on, all with one motor? I see I could remove the teeth off part of the gears, but I'd really rater not. (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

Well, Nicky, it kinda depends on how many gears you are thinking of when you say 'and so on...'. I can think of a couple of solutions to this problem, none of them very compact or tidy. If you wanted to turn a large number of gears (or other rotary (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) Don't go there.... check out ZNAP (100 % LEGO) instead. It has been available in Europe for a while and I hear it is starting to appear at US TRUs... You can build quite big things. Not quite as flexible as K'Nex but faster to build large (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Clarification

(...) What I ment when I said "and so on" was that the first gear would go halfway, then the 2nd, then the first, then the 2nd and so on. Sorry for not making that clear. (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Found Znap? (was: Re: How do I...)

(...) <snip> check out ZNAP (100 % LEGO) instead. It has been available (...) Where the heck have you seen Znap available in the US, at any store? Please tell. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Found Znap? (was: Re: How do I...)

(...) <snip> (...) I haven't seen it myself. Check market.shopping, there are reports of it in TX and in the MW somewhere, both at TRU. That is why I say "I hear it is starting to appear" instead of "I saw it at TRU" :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

Wow, I wish I could get my hands on some ZNAP parts. From the few small pictures I've seen, it looks like this might be the ticket for building strong grid structures. But dammit, I have checked in my local area and with all the on-line sources, and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Clarification

(...) If you don't have to turn the gears back again the solution might be to translate the rotation from the motor to linear motion, and then sort the back and forth motion and lead then to the two gears, then when the motion goes forth the one (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) I'm working on a clock which uses a 6 tooth escapement made from 6 of the new quarter-oval brackets. The short sides of the brackets are pinned to a hub made of medium pulleys. It's a bit hard to get the spacing of the little ratchet mechanism (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

wleue1@nycap.rr.com (William M. Leue) wrote in <FsEEn4.Cx2@lugnet.com>: (...) One thing I've thought about several times is how to build a pure LEGO MOC which can't be taken apart without damaging pieces. I have some ideas on how to build a latch (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) Wow. That's truly evil. (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) If I remember correctly, taking apart the shuttle was a handful. The cage around the battery box was a bit tricky to disassemble; the problem was that #3 axles that were inserted through a beam into the polarity switches could not be taken out (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

In lugnet.technic, David Arnon writes: <snip> (...) I have to agree. Not only that, but I am certain that I have done this several times *by accident*, and had quite a time getting my constuction apart. Not to the extent of actually damaging pieces, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) I had the same problem with the cabin/front chassis of the 8479 Barcode Truck as well: It was locked by some axles which were hard to take out. On a similar note, try to insert grey 1/2 pins into the holes in the technic piston engine motor (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) I still have the 5571 on my desk, I hope I'll be able to take it apart with better success. Advice? (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) The way I handle stubborn pins of all types is with <part:3959>. Stick the long part of the handle in the pin and *usually* the pin will come out with it. After that you can just use an axle to drive the other pin out of the piston housing. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

Fredrik says... (...) Have you tried rubber gloves? I discovered a little while ago (trying to disassemble my shuttle, no less) that wearing thick latex dishwashing gloves greatly increases the force you can exert on a stubborn piece. I was able to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) I have found soaking in warm water and dishwashing liquid overnight has helped me deal with some pieces that just would not come apart. Not recommended for motors obviously, but harmless on axles, gears, etc. Once I have them apart, I rinse (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

"zachary taylor" <xyzzach@aol.com> wrote in message news:FstD75.LvD@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) sticking (...) But it isn't hard to sleep while soaking in warm water and dishwashing liquid? :) -- Mike Faunce mike at faunce dot com LUGNET #96 (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) <snip> (...) Finally, a year later: (URL) David (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) I see you've borrowed construction ideas from the Lego Technic Space Shuttle. I bought one second hand built up, and it was a complete b*gg@r to take apart, every part interlocked with another. Steve Lane (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) Yes! I remember this very well, in particular the top part of the gearbox was like this, which prove "awkward" when I tried to fix a few of the bevel gears embedded at the bottom. One of the lethal steps is here: (URL) Clark (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

That shuttle was peanuts. Last night it took me a few hours to take the front of the Silver Champ apart. I actually think it took longer to take apart than it took to build.... Duq "Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

(...) I just took mine apart a week or two ago. Several portions of it are extremely difficult to get apart.. It might actually be easier to take apart the thing referenced in (URL) than it is to take apart the shuttle. The shuttle was also (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I...

oh that is easy. they stick out like 2 mm just use a pair of plyers to grab and pull (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.technic)