 Technic / 1374
Re: How do I...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 20:50:30 GMT

Fredrik says...
On a similar note, try to insert grey 1/2 pins into the holes in the
technic piston engine motor block.  With one pin on each side, they
are quite hard to take out.
I also had to destroy two technic bushings when disassembling the 5571
Black Cat Truck: I couldn't get them off the end of the technic ski
poles on each side of the engine.

Have you tried rubber gloves?  I discovered a little while ago (trying to
disassemble my shuttle, no less) that wearing thick latex dishwashing
gloves greatly increases the force you can exert on a stubborn piece.
I was able to pull out a recalcitrant axle even though it was only sticking
out by 1/2 unit and had a whole bunch of stiff gears on it.

I don't know about skin-tight medical gloves, but if the surface is
frictional enough, they should work too.

peace,
Chris Jeris