 Technic / 4373
Re: How do I...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:35:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gino A. Melone writes:

One thing I've thought about several times is how to build a pure LEGO
MOC which can't be taken apart without damaging pieces.  I have some ideas
on how to build a latch which is assemble-only.  Most of them involve a
spring-based  mechanism which locks something in place as it closes.  For,
hopefully, obvious reasons I've never really tinkered with this.

Does anybody have any good ideas?

<snip>

So, here is the challenge.  Use only legitimate LEGO elements.  No glue
or screws or such.  And things like the DUPLO bus or character/tubs are
probably out too.  Build a MOC which can not be disassembled without
reasonable risk of damaging the elements it is built from.

   Later,
   Gino A...

Finally, a year later:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=8373