 Technic / *9836 (-20)
  Re: How I've been procrastinating...

(...) Thanks! (...) That'll be rather difficult (tho not impossible) for I ripped it apart and put the 8475 back together--the 8466 was great for about 3-5 minutes, but it kills the batteries waaay too fast. (...) The motor is at one end, and a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How I've been procrastinating...

(...) Very cool Dave! Nicely done. You should bring it to the next rtl dinner... ok, maybe with smaller tires for ease of transport ;) I can't figure out how you actually got the drive to the rear wheels. Is each of the new motors driving one of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Znap-Snap Back to the drawing board

So there I am hang'n with my buddy Brian Sad, I was showing off my new Mecha Arm and the Znap Flex Axle snapped! Too bad, it was kind a cool set up. All we new was the arm was on the ground crawling around, and then the gears were just spinning. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New style diffs, driving rings and 16t clutch gears

(...) I've built a multi-function transmission/transfer-case for a Jeep. It includes a 4-speed transmission, which is then routed to a 2-speed transfer case. The 2-speed is exactly as ROSCO describes it. The output is then routed to the central (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New style diffs, driving rings and 16t clutch gears

(...) I thought of a possible idea how you could use this as a means to make a car thats both a 2wd and a 4wd, where you select between them with a lever, much like on real 4wds. (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How I've been procrastinating...

(...) Added a few more pics of the 8466, scooting around the parking lot at work... (some action shots for y'all... ;) ) Dave K (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New style diffs, driving rings and 16t clutch gears

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:H05y29.8wr@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Has someone not made a locking diff with this? Jennifer (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motors in parallel and stuff...

"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:H057q6.Mrp@lugnet.com... extra motors? (...) into (...) I think the small 9V battery box is ok with one motor, but you can really see the difference with two or more motors under (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New style diffs, driving rings and 16t clutch gears

(...) Well spotted! (...) Not that I know of... (...) The obvious one I can see is different gear ratio (using the 24t gear on the diff). Means you can get a really simple 2-speed trans without external gearing (like most of TLC's multi-speed (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New style diffs, driving rings and 16t clutch gears

Hi, Has anybody else noticed that the new style Technic differential housings (p/n 6573) have the same mouldings as the 16t clutch gears and could therefore be engaged by a driving ring. Has Lego ever used this feature in a set? Can anyone think of (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motors in parallel and stuff...

(...) I'm thinking that the most efficient thing is to use one motor for each axle. That will save you the universal joints, and it will also impose less friction on the drive train. The solution isn't that technically interesting, but if efficiency (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motors in parallel and stuff...

(...) Hi Bram, I'd use the new geared motors. They draw less power that the non-geared ones (old style) and their internal gear reduction seems more efficient than one built from normal Lego gears. Good motor reference: (URL) for how many, that's a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motors in parallel and stuff...

(...) One suggestion - you might wanna investigate the new CV joints from the 4x4 instead of universals - this may give you more torque & less back-lash through the hinges. May be tricky to mount them though... ROSCO (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Motors in parallel and stuff...

Hi all, I'm sure many of you have much more experience working with drive trains than I have, so I'd like your advice. I'm working on a six wheel (well, actually, six wheg[1]) drive robot with two points of articulation (for steering). Thus, I (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

I think Ian raises a good point here. The dearth of fests in the first three quarters of this year (barring Jon's excellent preamble to the last RLD) can possibly be put down to the lack of anything being organised by the 'the usual suspects'. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

(...) Did someone say Scotfest? Well, sign me up for the next one please. So Iain you've done 2 already looks like your the King of Scotfests,wear that crown my Lord. (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

If Iain Bishop holds (...) I've done two already - I was hoping someone else would take up the mantle... ;-) I'm not averse to sharing the responsibility though if anyone wants to suggest some ideas. (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  How I've been procrastinating...

I know, I know--I should be building a robot for rtl11... Instead I made this: (URL) threw the RC unit from 8475 RC vehicle into the 8466 4x4. It's alotta fun to drive around, though the big tires and the weight of the vehicle slow it down a bit, as (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

(...) Oh, wow, check that out! clever! Legomaster (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

I cut a promotional jar opener (like those found here: (URL) ) into about 6 ovals (one for each technic parts box). I pinch one between my thumb and index finger and give those gears and pins a good yank. (...) [snip] (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact