 Technic / 7828
Re: Motors in parallel and stuff...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 01:50:29 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Hi all,
I'm sure many of you have much more experience working with drive trains than I
have, so I'd like your advice.
I'm working on a six wheel (well, actually, six wheg[1]) drive robot with two
points of articulation (for steering).   Thus, I basically need to power a
drive shaft that runs through the hinges with universal joints, and then at
three points along the drive shaft, I need to drive axles perpendicular to the
shaft.  The problem is, the output has to be high torque, and high speed (no
less than 40 rpm, preferably over 100 rpm).

One suggestion - you might wanna investigate the new CV joints from the 4x4
instead of universals - this may give you more torque & less back-lash
through the hinges. May be tricky to mount them though...

ROSCO