 Technic / 7833
Re: Motors in parallel and stuff...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:52:44 GMT

"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message
news:H057q6.Mrp@lugnet.com...
extra motors?

Jennifer Clark can advise better on this, but I think if you've got one or
two of the geared motors, the small 9V battery box works okay. If you have
three or four, I'd go with the larger box (6 AA's). If you're brave and • into
non-Lego solutions, hook up 8 AA batteries and watch your model fly!

I think the small 9V battery box is ok with one motor, but you can really
see the difference with two or more motors under heavy load. Even two small
9V battery boxes in parallel isn't enough in this case, so to be honest I'm
even questioning the validity of using one with one motor, although I've not
done a comparison with this. Presumably this is even worse if you use the
older style motors as they draw more current.

Jennifer