 Technic / *16206 (-20)
  Re: Crane Steering

(...) Hi Vineet, I think almost every vehicle use Ackermann steering, specially heavy duty vehicles, like mobile cranes. Best regards, Anders Gaasedal (URL) LEGO Trucks & Cranes> (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Fuel Tanker Complete

(...) Hi Glen, Congratulation to your model, really a nice job. Two trailers looks powerfull, and you really managed to get a lot of details on the model. Best regards, Anders Gaasedal (URL) LEGO Trucks & Cranes> (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Lego Engines

(...) Here is the evolution ! (...) It only took a week or so but i got it to work !!! Unfortunately the mount itself is four studs long on each end, but that shouldn't matter putting it in this: (URL) To keep Crowkillers happy, it's studless ! To (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  RX-8

Misha, how is your RX-8 coming along? (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ackerman steering geometry : How do you make it ?

Didier Enjary schreef: (...) The barcode truck (8479) can steer that sharp! try to build up to step 14 (page 10) and try how far the wheels can turn to the right and or left side. The inside wheel can turn for 90 degrees! There is no room for the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Can you plough with an actros?

I found this pic of that Actros with a snowplough attached (URL) find this really galling, as we had forecasts for snow where I live, so I purposely completed the transmisson on a bulldozer I was working on just so I could go a ploughing. So what (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Crane Steering

Greetings y'all- Do any of you know if a Demag AC 500 can use Ackerman Steering? Thanks. (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ackerman steering geometry : How do you make it ?

(...) Thank you, I had completely forgotten this kind of steering device in this model, however well-known. This assembly not only answers the principle of Ackerman but in more the rack move in a straight line (as far as I remember). It is just a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Ackerman steering geometry : How do you make it ?

(...) I believe that the 8479 barcode truck also used a sort of Ackerman steering. Can't cut and paste the image as easily as Jennifer, since it's in a PDF. The prevalent theory seems to be: if you draw an imaginary line through the steering arms (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

"Oliver" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> wrote in message news:ICKtAC.1IpH@lugnet.com... (...) It needs this functionality, so one can simply worry about having one input hopper and letting the machine work out what it needs from that. It would also be (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

G'Day How about starting with something simpler? Say use the blocks from our block stacking events? Right of the top you would have large and small, black and white, giving four different items to sort, (more colours can be added later.) The (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Legos' V6's

(...) hello Mercedes and older Iveco, uses V6, Scania, Volvo, Daf, and MAN uses Inline 6, while the new R500/R580 and the former 48/530/580 from Scania are V8, also the biggest Mercedes engines are V8. The biggest MAN/ÖAF are however a V10 18,3l. (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ackerman steering geometry : How do you make it ?

(...) The 8860 Auto Chassis had it back in 1980! (URL) Jennifer (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Ackerman steering geometry : How do you make it ?

Hi, The Ackerman geometry make both steering wheels follows the proper arc when turning (the inside wheel follow a smaller arc than the outside one) : the wheels turn a different angle. (Ackerman principle is well known in France as "épure de (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Legos' V6's

(...) The inline-6 engine design is inherently perfectly balanced - hence most current north american truck diesel engines are inline-6 designs. For example, Cummins inline-6 diesels are used in everything from the Dodge Ram pickup, to normal (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:ICJw4C.1A9E@lugnet.com... (...) One thing I am interested in is building and designing a robot or a electrically driven mechanism that can sort the different sizes of bricks from each (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

(...) One of the things you forgot to mention is that GBC is accessible and scalable for participants: -A GBC is endlessly enjoyable with one module, two modules or fifteen modules. This is a low risk type of event for people to work on, it doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Legos V6's

hate to follow my own post but someone might find this interesting (URL) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Legos' V6's

BMW has used I-6's in many of it's cars for decades. I'm nearly positive the 3-series still uses an I-6 today. Kyle (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Legos V6's

(...) In the US almost all tractor trailers use inline 6's. Freightliner, one of the largest truck manufactures in the US which is owned by DaimlerChrysler uses a few European Mercedes engines and they are all inline 6's. Some large trucks and (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact