 Technic / 13841
13840  |  13842
Subject:
Ackerman steering geometry : How do you make it ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:45:20 GMT

Hi,

The Ackerman geometry make both steering wheels follows the proper arc when
turning (the inside wheel follow a smaller arc than the outside one) : the
wheels turn a different angle. (Ackerman principle is well known in France as
"épure de Jeantaud" - see here : http://tpmaint.free.fr/liaisonsol/jeantaud.htm)

How do you realise that in your own LEGO models ?

Did TLC propose such a mechanical device in an official sets ?

I only seen jennifer clark's DEMAG crane using it :
http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/demag_crane.htm

Regards,

Didier Enjary