 Technic / 13846
Re: Ackerman steering geometry : How do you make it ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:00:14 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Didier Enjary wrote:

How do you realise that in your own LEGO models ?

Did TLC propose such a mechanical device in an official sets ?

I believe that the 8479 barcode truck also used a sort of Ackerman steering.
Can't cut and paste the image as easily as Jennifer, since it's in a PDF.

The prevalent theory seems to be: if you draw an imaginary line through the
steering arms towards the back of the car, they should intersect each other in
the middle of the rear wheel axle.  The 8860 follows this theory.
Although I know that some real vehicles don't follow it.

John