 Technic / 13845
Re: GBC does nothing for me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:39:15 GMT

"Oliver" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> wrote in message
G'Day
How about starting with something simpler?  Say use the blocks from our
block stacking events?  Right of the top you would have large and small,
black and white, giving four different items to sort, (more colours can be
added later.)  The advantage would be: you would have known sizes of items
coming through the system, it might make intial feeder designs easier.
Other option would be to add balls to the mix, giving more variety to
sort.

It needs this functionality, so one can simply worry about having one input
hopper and letting the machine work out what it needs from that.  It would
also be useful, for instance, if I want to program it to build an exterior
2-stud wide wall onto a baseplate, from unsorted 1x and 2x wide bricks.

I could optionally have it reject bricks that have incorrect dimensions.
And I would probably need something that handles the odd wrongly-sized
brick, anyway, so why waste time building something that can't cope with the
odd brick that wasn't meant to be there?

There is also a *major* problem to solve, that of getting any brick to line
up properly from an input hopper, 2x4's and greater, I think, will be
notorious for jamming up unless I put some kind of sieve or grate on top of
the input hopper so these feed more easily.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde