 Robotics / 23553
Re: GBC does nothing for me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:43:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Danny Staple wrote:
On Sun, February 27, 2005 10:20 pm, Mark Bellis said:
<snip...>

If you look at my Brickshelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mbellis
you will see that I am the sort of person who likes to set their own
standards
:-)  Trains to an almost-unique scale, for instance.

Mark

Actually - I have to say, I find your examples of custom parts very
interesting. Given the number of times I have thought that I wish Lego had
made a brick like that..

I wonder if we (as a community) could set up a site for the submission of
well thought out, well designed custom bricks, and have a voting system,
with the intent of drawing Lego's attention to those with the most
votes/signatures. I am not sure how much attention Lego pays to its AFOLs,
but I am getting the impression that they are beginning to do so more...
I always thought more curved (both simple and compound curve) bricks, and
some larger panels would be useful. The site could include the call for
re-introduction of bricks whose production has ceased (ie technic stuff
phased out for liftarm).

What I'd like to see are corner parts that blend existing parts together, Say a
45 degree slope in one direction and a shallower slope in the other direction. I
could also do with corner pieces for quarter round parts.

Steve