 Technic / 13835
Re: Legos V6's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:54:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
I was only talking about big rigs.  Do European tractor trailers actually have
V6's?  Do their mobile cranes actually have V6's?  I just wondered because it
seems that TLC uses a V6 in every truck design.  The Airtech Rig in 1994 had
one.  The New crane has one.  The Technic truck this last year also had one.  Is
TLC just using it because it fits better?

Thank you for all of your replies to my postings.  It really makes using this
site worthwile!

In the US almost all tractor trailers use inline 6's. Freightliner, one of the
largest truck manufactures in the US which is owned by DaimlerChrysler uses a
few European Mercedes engines and they are all inline 6's. Some large trucks and
equipment in Europe use V-6 and V-8’s to save space. All over the world V- type
engines of all sizes from V2’s to V16’s (and I’m sure even bigger) are used in
all types of equipment from busses to ships to lawnmowers.

Lego did use an inline engine in the Back Hoe set. ;)