 Storage / *1270 (-50)
  Re: Sorting tray suggestion.

(...) I use a 8457 Power Puller box that I ripped the lid of. (...) I do this too, plates, bricks (and slopes), Technic bricks, special parts and Technic special parts (anything Technic that's not a brick or plate). (...) In my second stage sort (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Brick Sorting

Oh, another sorting tidbit: Be careful of over sorting. I have bins with 1xN bricks sorted by exact size and color and bagged. These rarely get used during construction. Instead, my overflow storage bins are what is usually used. My overflow bins (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Sorting tray suggestion.

(...) I have yet to find the ideal sorting tray. So far, the old plastic inserts work the best for me. The 24 compartment trays from the Christmas calendar sets are also highly useful. Another useful thing I have for sorting is a shallow serving (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: [PRESS RELEASE] BOX-4-BLOX™-THE INCREDIBLE BOX THAT SORTS AND STORES LEGO® BRICKS

(...) Hey Ondrew - Thanks for the positive review! Having used the box myself, I suggest using all of the trays to sort basic bricks, here's why: The yellow tray allows anything smaller than 4x4 to pass through, the blue tray anything smaller than (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: [PRESS RELEASE] BOX-4-BLOX™-THE INCREDIBLE BOX THAT SORTS AND STORES LEGO® BRICKS

I had the privlage of using this wonderfull device about a week ago. I must say it works wonderfully and is worth every penny. The best thing about this sorting box is it works for technic parts, most notably connector pegs and gears. all of the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Making Memories containers

My wife recently gave me some containers that I thought worked well with small LEGO parts. Check it out at: (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  [PRESS RELEASE] BOX-4-BLOX™-THE INCREDIBLE BOX THAT SORTS AND STORES LEGO® BRICKS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact Matthew Gerber BrickMedia, LLC Post Office Box 1292 Santa Maria, California 93456-1292 (805) 347-8460 telephone Matthew@BrickMedia.com (URL) INCREDIBLE BOX THAT SORTS AND STORES LEGO® BRICKS January 5, 2003 - (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Sorting tray suggestion.

Hi! I've read a lot of threads about what to use when sorting and/or building. Most seem to favour the old plastic trays that came with larger sets. I got another idea when I was doing some serious cleaning in the kitchen. In our drawers we have (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build)

  Re: Brick Sorting

Wow. You all have some great sorting systems. The beauty of this project, as I was telling Tim Courtney earlier today, is that I am in the process of gutting my basement and rebuilding it. I wanted to get a general idea before I started framing and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Brick Sorting

(...) Babble? John, you didn't babble...no, you just delivered an Odyssey to Lugnet ;-) Actually, thank you for the great advice and wonderful story. It's nice to see that you "won" in the end against your brother :-) -alex (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Brick Sorting

Hi Alex, The other suggestions in this thread may be better for you, but since you asked us to share, I will tell you my methods for sorting... As usual, I will share this in the form of a long babbling story. ;) When I was six (1978) I owned a Fire (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Brick Sorting

(...) Alex - This post by (none other than our own) Remy Evard may interest you: (URL) for how I sort, come over sometime and check out my system... -Tim (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Brick Sorting

(...) Well, will you look at that. I completely missed that newsgroup. Thanks, Jude. -alex (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Brick Sorting

(...) Alex, The technique used depends on the size of your collection. After a certain point, putting all of a color in a bin becomes excessively difficult to use especially with black. Obviously the "perfect" sort would have all pieces sorted by (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) Floor? Ugh, my back aches just thinking about it. Surround yourself with tables, and sit on a swivel chair... --Bill. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) It's a pretty good idea, and I appreciate the suggestion, but I think the problem with that or any sort of chair for me is that it would be too restrictive of my movement. When I build, I'm surrounded by bins 360 degrees, so I'm always turning (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: My collection and storage

ROFLMAO the freak speaks ;-) -paul (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage)

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:H6xI32.GLt@lugnet.com... (...) carpet. (...) I have an old hi-fi stand that it on one side of my bed. Lots of horizontal space. 5 large gray baseplates worth, with some extra. When I actually get (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) When I organized my stuff into drawers (using IRIS drawer carts) I could no longer build on the floor, because I'd be constantly getting up to get into a drawer. So I started using a table and chair, and haven't looked back. I use the kitchen (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

Hey Rev. I thought of something when I read your post. Have you seen those camping chairs where you sit on the ground but it has a back support? They fold up for backpacking. You lean back a little but you could pull the coffee table up a little (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) I still kick it old school, down on the floor, surrounded by LEGO. I can't say I'm still man enough to keep all my LEGO in one enormous unsorted pile like my childhood collection, but these days I sit myself down amongst the bins on a regular (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Last Call For BricksWest 2003 Presenters/Sessions

The organizing committee is attempting to finalize the BricksWest schedule by the end of next week. This is the absolute last chance for you to step forward and volunteer to run a session or two in Carlsbad. To date, we are a bit heavy on trains, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.storage, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) When building sets, I have a silver champion box (with compartments) that I empty the bags into, then sit on the sofa with it on my knees. Sometimes hard to get the instructions in a comfortable spot but generally works OK. When building MOCs (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

Depends... I tend to sit on my sofa, but sometimes on the floor (wooden). It depends on the models size and so... I tend yo build large models on the floor, but details/smaller models I build on the table. It also dependes, some models are easy to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage

(...) Post first, ask questions later, be forced to answer thine own post. Searching the Home Depot site, I see that the shelves Adrian recommends are only $20 for a five shelf unit. This looks like a better deal than I remember seeing in the past. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) tub-stacking problem as well. Nice job! I think the hand-crafted vs. pre-fab decision probably comes down to that classic duality -- time vs. money. The shelves I built cost me about $30 for supplies and about 2 hours for planning and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

Now, if only I had enough Lego to make a set of selves like that necessary! Oh, maybe one day... (dreaming... still dreaming... ok, I am back) I also found it quite funny, looking at pictures of 'Shelving for Bricks' hosted by 'BrickShelf.com' (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) Yea, that looks really compact. In fact, it looks more compact that the custom built wood shelves people have been showing (since you get 3 tubs to a shelf, with very little space between them). My biggest complaint about shelving systems is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) I'm flattered (...) The rack doesn't need them it is plenty stable w/out them. I will take them off eventually to build another rack. (...) I pealed the sticker off for no reason. (...) mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage

(...) This whole thread has been pretty fascinating, seeing shelving built out of wood. For those of us without the carpentry skills to build such things (yes, I know they're pretty simple) you could always go the route I took. I bought a bunch of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) Mark, Pardon the expression, but Nice Rack! A couple questions for you: I notice that you and Tom used cross-braces at both the top and bottom of each bin slot. It seems to me that the ones at the bottom of the bin are unnecessary. Did you (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) ... When I want to build on the floor, I use a 'BackJack': (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) Here is the rack I created (URL) used 1x3's because thats what I had. I love being able to get the bottom bucket out with out moving the whole stack. mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) Interesting. I build either at barstool height or standing up. I have always liked working at that height. My workstations at work have (until now) always been at barstool height. I have a digital recording studio in my apartment and that is (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

When I was a child, we had a great finished basement. One room in the basement had a tile floor and an extremely sturdy ping pong table. I used to crawl up on the ping pong table and build my town and space layouts on that. (Of course, there was a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H6y114.9w4@lugnet.com... (...) front of (...) in one (...) third (...) room (...) head (...) Don't you just love office furniture :-) A loooooong time ago (20+ yrs.) my dad brought home an (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) I have a $200 office chair bought to be able to sit for hours comfy in front of the computer. It has good back support, arm wrests, lot's of adjustng abilities, swivel and wheels. I have my tables set up in a U-like manner in one of our two (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

True! That dredded "krrrrkkk" sound. (...) e www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

I cannot build on the floor because I cannot sit on the floor for more than about 2 minutes without getting a backache... (...) I have to agree, a chair with casters is a good thing. Mine isn't leather but it rolls. The downside of course is that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

Oh you gotta go with a Rolly Leather Office Chair. If you can pick one up from an office supply store for cheap, go for it. When you drop a piece, just wack the side handle and "shhhhhhhp" you lower yourself to the floor to pick it up. Then glide (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) I had a sort of revelation a few weeks ago after finishing construction of my LEGO building table. I'm not too proud to admit that I'd had enough of sitting on the floor to build and was ready to give in and use a chair. For the time being I'm (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) Good question... but why restict to "sit"? :-) I tend to take the most awkward positions when building, as my parents have noticed. Usually I restrict to sitting on the floor like most people do (doh!), but numerous times I have leaned myself (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  What do you sit on when you build?

What do you sit on when you build? We recently moved into a place that has hardwood floors, and now that I have space to start building again, I find that my feet get really sore if I sit cross-legged too long. (Big surprise, huh?) I used a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) I liked Tom's bin rack idea, but it was the stacks of _buckets_ that I kept tipping over. So I built a rack to hold them. The rack holds a total of 24 buckets, each of which can be slid into its own cubby without disturbing any of the others (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) Tom, If you don't mind could you supply some more measurements and any other information that would be helpfull in building one. Thanks Mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) I have been meaning to post dimensions and materials for quite some time now, but I have just not gotten around to it. They are made of poplar wood (nominal 1x2s; .75"x1.5") held together with wood glue and 1.25" wood screws. They stack and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Storage

On brickshelf Abe Friedman posted these pictures of the WAMALTC Meeting @ Tom Cook House - November 23, 2002: (URL) Tom or anyone else shed some light on the construction and materials of these. They are a great idea and would like to make somehing (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Portable Bot Factory

I've always loved the idea of building something from a limited supply of parts. Over a year ago I bought a decent sized Plano tackle box. I filled this with parts for weekend car trips where I knew I would get bored or have free time: (URL) my (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.storage) !!

  Re: Silly storage question

First off Larry "Just say no to crack", secondly I am also of the school of thought that says store your bricks unattatched. I have found that standard bricks actually will stack very nicely, even unattatched if they are bound in a tight spot. I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Perfect" Technic little bits storage at Costco

Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:H5Dpq0.GLL@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) It (...) fill (...) Zag are great. most of my LEGO is in these guys (URL) draw dividers occaionally annoy me by jumping out, mixing 1x1 plates but apart (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact