 Storage / 1244
Re: Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:51:14 GMT

Now, if only I had enough Lego to make a set of selves like that
necessary!  Oh, maybe one day... (dreaming... still dreaming... ok, I am
back)

I also found it quite funny, looking at pictures of 'Shelving for
Bricks' hosted by 'BrickShelf.com'

Actually, I have to admit, even though I have enough room for my Lego in
"Tackle boxes" and upright drawer units... I do keep my empty boxes and
instructions books, etc.. on shelves very similar to yours Adrian.  I
too, am not inclined to build them out of wood.

// Joe

Adrian Drake wrote:
In lugnet.storage, Mark Peterson writes:

On brickshelf Abe Friedman posted these pictures of the WAMALTC Meeting @
Tom Cook House - November 23, 2002:

Can Tom or anyone else shed some light on the construction and materials of
these. They are a great idea and would like to make somehing similar.
Thanks
Mark
IndyLUG

This whole thread has been pretty fascinating, seeing shelving built out of
wood.  For those of us without the carpentry skills to build such things
(yes, I know they're pretty simple) you could always go the route I took.  I
bought a bunch of adjustable shelves from Home Depot, sku 677930 (look for
it at homedepot.com), and recombined them with the exact right spacing for
the blue tubs.  The results are thus:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/basement/dcp02479.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/basement/dcp02476.jpg

This solution works well, and is fairly compact.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com