 Star Wars / 9483
Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 07:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Radtke writes:
Look closely at the cockpit -
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys15.jpg - there is a darkish
figure with a yellow smiley and what looks like a red hand.

I'm assuming this figure looks like the naboo security guard from set #7124,
only with different colors.  Maybe black and red?  Cool!

Maybe there is hope for an AT-ST pilot or two.

At most 1 but IMHO there isn't going to be any.  The cockpit is only 4 studs
wide and looks like is may be accessible from the back.  The only way you
could stuff a minifig in a 4-stud wide cabin is if it had a 1x2x3 / 1x3x4
panel on each side and the way the radar dishes on each side are attached,
it looks like there are regular bricks on each side to hold them which means
no space for a minifig unless it fits in sideways which is unlikely.

Other $10 sets so far (Naboo Swamp and Speeder Bikes offhand) have had 3-4
figs....

The speeder bikes are just great!  Excellent source to get scout troopers.
I found a bunch of them for $4.99 each and was able to build a large army of
them.  It will be hard to build an army of stormtroopers let's say 40 of
them which would mean forking out $1,200 if they are indeed going to go for
$30.  I don't think parting out the TIE fighter, keeping the 2 figs and
selling the rest would pay back the full price of the set because it looks
like there are not that many good parts in this set.

- Dan