 Star Wars / 8427
  New MF model.

Hi everybody. I've just finished the laborious task of doing up a new Millennium Falcon model. I've got some pics online at my new website, (URL) , let me know what you think! - Thad Jantzi (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: New MF model.

(...) Thad, REALLY great model! I love all the surface details and open access hatches. It is a little too long for scale, but still, kudos for a wonderfull modelling job on a really tough ship! --Karim (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

(...) Thad, that's a very nice model of the Falcon. I also noticed your Nebulon-B, very nice. How big is it really? Dan (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

Thad, Nice ship. Your other ships a great too, especailly the Nebulon-B Frigate. Bob (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

(...) I dont like it. I think its cool looking, but whats the point? It looks nothing like the MF, mostly because you used the official pieces to build a ship that is too big for them. It would be an incredible model if you had just forgotten that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

Joshua, while I agree with you regarding the level of criticism typical to lugnet, I'll have to disagree with your panning of this model. Certainly it is off-scale and unreasonably long, but it achieves a level of visual detail that surpasses most, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Different definitions of MOC(Re: New MF model.)

(...) I take it you define "MOC" to mean something completely from your own head? Typically, I think of a MOC as being anything that someone makes that doesn't follow Lego (or someone else's LDraw, etc) instructions. If you don't consider your (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Different definitions of MOC(Re: New MF model.)

(...) ...[snippage]... Wow... very valid points. I think you are totally right... I guess I never really considered my own definition. I suppose I think of MOCs on various levels: re-interpretations of other LEGO model (building a better Naboo (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Different definitions of MOC(Re: New MF model.)

In my opinion, there are MOC's that are modeled on someoneelses ideas, like star wars models, corvettes and airplanes; then there are MOC's that are are models of your own ideas, the difference being that one is an exercise in rendering and one is a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

In lugnet.starwars, Joshua Cirinna writes: <snipped> (...) I'm uh, gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here. While I agree that this model does seem a bit too long, it is just really cool. I must apologize in advance to Thad before I say (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

I do not think it possible for me to disagree more with you Josh. One of the great things about Lugnet is that this community goes beyond a bunch of anal- retentive critics that will verbally destroy a persons creation simply because there are just (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

(...) I thought maybe Thad used those pieces as a nod or tip of the hat to the LEGO designers. They also have some pretty cool printing on them, IMHO. (...) Maybe he did it purely for the enjoyment and self-satisfaction of it. I for one can (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

I realize that I was overly harsh in my criticizm of thads model, because it is pretty cool, but my real criticizm was meant to be directed toward the lack of constructive criticizm regarding new models (plus of course Im bored with all star wars (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

First off: WOW! Your Falcon is awesome! I love how you implemented the pre-existing LEGO MF elements in your model, truly a sign of excellent design! Secondly: Thad, if I may say so, your website is on my top 5 list of amazing LEGO MOC websites, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

Im really sorry everyone, Todds post prompted me to go look again at thads millenium falcon again even though I am at work and dont have a lot of free time, and I have to say, I must have been upset about something yesterday or on drugs or (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

(...) I may be stressed out, But I am an animator(in lego) and prolific lego fanatic also, im not just screwing around here you know. Ask Todd, I think he knows I care, and Im for real Josh (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  There's no such thing as a bad MOC builder (was: Re: New MF model.)

Ooook -- eeep -- opppp -- orkkk -- red flag alert! (...) Egad! What a terrible, horrible, rotten thing to say! How can you truly mean that? I submit to you that there is no such thing as a bad LEGO MOC builder, just as there is no such thing as a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.general)