 Star Wars / 4013
Re: An actual ATAT site!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:15:58 GMT

<snip>

Basically he has used a pair of 1x2 technic beams and a connector pin (the
grey type). One beam is incorporated in the back wall of the cockpit
immediately under the back-to-back 1x2 sloping bricks, and the other is in the
front wall of the head of the main body, directly opposite the cockpit brick.
Connect them with the pin and you're in business!

Yup this is basically correct although I actually used a Brick with Side Pin in
the fussilage and a 1x2 technic beam in the cockpit.  Either way works so it
really does not matter although just as I am writing this I am thinking I
should take the 1x2 gray brick with Side Pin and use that in the cockpit and
use the 1x2 technic beam in the fussilage.  This would hide the mechanism all
together and make it look much cleaner.  Man I love LEGO you are able to
continuously improve your models!!!

If you go to http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/starwars/vehicles/index.htm
and check out the two photos of the yellow/black and grey/blue ships, you can
see the beam and pin at the back of the cockpit (the pilots have been • removed).

Hope this helps (and sorry Eric if I've jumped in ahead of you - I just love
the B-Wing. It's my favourite ship in SW).

No problem at all I am actually flattered that so many people like my B-Wing.
It is defenitly my best model to date but in terms of impressiveness and shear
size Ben's Millenium Falcon and Dave's AT-AT are trully amazing.  I guess one
benefit of the B-Wing is that many of the readers here can actually attempt to
build it where the Falcon or an AT-AT is out of most peoples means.

For the information of every one you can build about 95% of my B-Wing out of 3
SW Sets.  All you need to supply are a couple of 1x4 technic beams and a few
brackets.  The rest can be done with these sets if you don't mind a few color
changes.  For example you would have to use dkgray 2x2 inverse slopes instead
of gray ones.

The 3 sets are...

7140 - X-Wing
7130 - SnowSpeeder
7131 - Naboo Fighter

Eric Kingsley

Remove '.nospam' when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/