 Star Wars / 4000
Re: An actual ATAT site!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:52:53 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Daniel Train writes:
Wow! That is a really good AT-AT model. Fantastic. Although I have one minor
niggle. As far as I know, when an AT-AT unloads it's troops and equipment, it
kneels down so that the body is as low to the ground as possible. Then the
huge side hatch opens into a massive ramp to deploy the troops. Just a
suggestion. other than that- Fab.

-Dan"Whah! That got him!"Train

Actually, there's some discrepancy on that... the first time that Lucas was
aware of the problem was when Kenner approached him about the AT-AT toy they
were making, asking how in the world troops de-barked from the vehicle...
Lucas' reply: "I don't know!"... So some people decided they'd have to derive a
method... some sources say it kneels and lowers long ramps out for troops, and
some say they decend on zip lines out the sides... Personally, I like the zip
lines idea better... plus I don't have to make my AT-AT kneel! :)

I don't remember for sure, but I think in ROTJ, the AT-ATs on Endor were
parked next to a platform (when Luke turns himself in to Darth Vader).
Anyone else remember something like that??

Toki
DaveE