 Star Wars / 4014
Re: Grey bricks (was: Re: Preliminary AT-AT pic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:24:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Paul Mison writes:
Jaco van der Molen wrote:
David Eaton <wpieaton@wpi.edu> wrote in message
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/AtAtSide1.jpg
Where on this, or any other earth did you get that many grey bricks?

I'm not sure how many of them came from this spiffy US service pack
(which appears not to be available in Europe- grrrrr):

There aren't any [UK] brick packs with grey bricks at all unless I'm not
paying attention. What would anyone else recommend as a good source of
grey bricks?

:)

Where did *I* get my grey bricks? Lots of places:
-Lego castles (about 7 "real" castles, abunch of smaller ones)
-Whole slew of Classic space (lots of grey plates!)
-Some in the UFO & Robo Force sets
-Some in the Islanders sets
-A bunch in the new Star Wars sets
-12 grey service packs

Good currently available sources of grey:
- X-wing fighter
- Sith Infiltrator (lots of grey plates!)
- Snowspeeder
- Wild West Indian sets (I know Eric K has gotten a good amount from these,
too; plus, if you can find 'em, they're often discounted!)

Also, the Rock Raiders has SOME grey in them... as does some of the adventures
sets, some other SW sets, and bits and pieces in the Stingrays in the
Aquazone... But these aren't really as good, I've found... (at least in terms
of grey... they're cool in non-grey-piece-ways)

DaveE