 Star Wars / 1575
Re: How will/should they...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 14:48:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ryan Dennett writes:
* Lando Calrissian.  Ok, you all know what I'm getting at here.  They can= • only
skirt making this minifig for so long... after all, he's an important plot
motivator.  Do you think Lando will be the minifig that breaks the color
barrier?  Do you think he *should*?  Am I the only person who looks at the
Native Americans in the Wild West set and cringes?

I would hope they'd make Lando. But I think it would be best to leave him=
out if they
don't give him a brown head. I would also like to see Mace Windu from TPM,=
along
with some of the other dignitories.

I agree totally, but I think the minifig "yellow" is suppose to act as a
racially nuetral color.  Although, *if* TLG were to decide that they would
break the "color barrier" they would also be admitting that they've been
prejudice in the past, producing nothing but yellow figs for fifty years.

This is by-far the most interesting hurtle they're going to have to jump...

Regs,
-Chris-