 Star Wars / 1573
Re: How will/should they...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:51:18 GMT

On 4/24/99, at 2:09 AM, Lorbaat wrote:

Ok, there was a lot of idle speculation before any sets came out- but now that
a lot of us have the "classic" Star Wars sets, and we've all seen shots of
Episode I sets how do you think TLG will do the following?  How do you think
they *will* do it (cause we all know these aren't the same question, not at
all)?

* Classic Trilogy C-3PO.  Will the minifig be yellow, or vac-metal gold?

Hopefully in pirate/wild west coin gold color. This would be a great minifig.

* Yoda- since we've all seen that Anakin was produced as a full-size minifig,
what do you think they'll do for Yoda?  They apparently produced a one-piece
Sebulba for the Podrace set.. do you think they might make some kind of teeny
minifig type thing for him yet?

If they do him I think he will be a one(maybe two) piece figure. This would be
the
only way they could do it because his shape is nothing close to humanoid.
"What! No Yoda! And you call yourselves makers of Star Wars toys!" :) Well I
really
don't care if they make him, and if they do it would probably be only for a
minifig
pack(I think they would make a bundle of off minifig packs especially if they
did
stormtrooper and rebel soldier ones. And then one for the main characters for
those
who just like minifigs(not me:)

* Lando Calrissian.  Ok, you all know what I'm getting at here.  They can only
skirt making this minifig for so long... after all, he's an important plot
motivator.  Do you think Lando will be the minifig that breaks the color
barrier?  Do you think he *should*?  Am I the only person who looks at the
Native Americans in the Wild West set and cringes?

I would hope they'd make Lando. But I think it would be best to leave him out if
they
don't give him a brown head. I would also like to see Mace Windu from TPM, along
with some of the other dignitories.

* Chewbacca.  Regular minifig?  Ghost sheet-type solution?  Completely revised
minifig?

Yes a carved ghost body with a brown head and two new pieces, a long left leg
and
a long right leg. :)

*Assorted aliens.  Given the treatment of Sebulba and Gasgano, non-humanoid
aliens in the podrace set, how many alien minifig heads (ie, different molds)
are we likely to see?  What do you think the first one from Classic Trilogy
might be?

Yes we definately we need aliens. Jar Jar is so cool looking:) I already know
who
my favorite characters in the movie are and all I've seen is a few pictures and
some
video clips from George Lucas' appearence on 60 Minutes. Oh, yeh, they are Jar
Jar and the battle droids. So I guess the most logical set for me to get is the
Naboo
Swamp. And that and the Naboo fighter are first on my list.
Well theres some input.
Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda