 Star Wars / 1636
Re: How will/should they...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 01:48:37 GMT

Josh Spaulding wrote:

How would that work, in themes such as RES-Q or Ninja's?

Well, RES-Q would be easy - just print Moustache Guy, Shades Guy, or some other
face onto a brown head. It's very reasonable to expect a modern rescue squat to
have some diversity.

Ah, but How much diversity?  You see, this is the sticking point when it comes to
this question... If a set that is manufactured in Denmark represent Danish ratios
of minority figures, or French? (or whereever else it's sold).  American numbers
would be significantly out of place in some countries, so you would end up
manufacturing different versions of each set in order to cater to the local
minority lobbies and keep from getting sued...

Ninjas, on the other hand, would make more sense if they were all yellow. Same
with Medieval sets. This might be a bit awkward for TLG.

Oh?  And why are Japanese figures Yellow?  They should be closer to brown than
yellow, if you are being realistic...  TLG would then have to discontinue yellow
heads, because Caucasians are NOT Yellow skinned, and TLG would have to start using
Tan... Pretty soon, the Yellow Smiley would be all but extinct, making brief
appearances in hospital sets and so on... (perhaps in the "Jaundice & Psyche Ward"
set).

Anyway, sorry for the rant... As you can see, this is not a path that I would like
Lego to go down...

--Karim