 Star Wars / 13997
Re: Newest UCS set...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:40:22 GMT

Hi

Why are all you out there so excited about a very expensive giant model in
all light gray?

I mean light gray is one of 2 colors (besides white) which is not very
resistent against ageing and daylight.

And trying to find a dark closet to store this 3 feet baby won't be easy
either. Hiding this impressive model from daylight is a shame though, but
otherwise instead of a $270 model you will have a worthless pile of brownish
bricks in no time.

And trying to bleach the affected light grey bricks and plates back to normal
using natriumhypochloride failed miserable in the past ...
(Worked fine on light gray technic parts like rims, gears, etc. though ...
and most white pieces)

Andreas Engel
aka "El Caracho"

P.S.:
Don't get me wrong. I think the ISD is a great model, but I'm waiting for my
$200 RBR to get all yellowish any day now ...

Maybe dark gray would be a better choice because this color seems to be more
resistant ...

O.K., I think that's enough controversy for today ...