 Star Wars / 11381
Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 17:50:18 GMT

I agree with that. Yes, it was a long time since I was here the last
time, but I remember that part of what made me left was that, among many
other things such as LEGO releasing crap sets, my creations weren't
"good enough".

I have posted a few creations, and have recieved very little response to
them. The "Blue Shark" which I was quite proud of recieved two
that great (no pointing fingers) recieved a lot more, perhaps 15+ responses.

But I still build. I have a town that's been ready for months but I
haven't even considered posting it on Lugnet because I know it won't
recieve a lot of response.

--Tobias

Bryan Hodges wrote:
<SNIP>
Now, for something a bit negative.  It seems to me that the Lugnet
community, at least in the lugnet.space group, has grown into a group of
back-patters.  Certain building styles and details seem to be requirements
for getting responses to your models.  If you don't follow a certain
building style, if you don't detail things correctly, if you don't add
certain bits and pieces to your models, if you don't render your models
perfectly, or take the highest quality pictures, your models are ignored.