 Space / 8822
Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 22:56:49 GMT

On Thu, 24 May 2001 22:40:27 GMT, "Thad Jantzi" <watto21@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Hey, Simon Bateman...

  I'm the last person I would normally expect to dole out a lecture, but
regardless of how you think the Lugnet community should or shouldn't be
remembering James Jessiman, the link on the bottom of your page is downright
insulting.

  It isn't like you're posting to say you don't like somebody's new AT-AT
MOC, you're demeaning and trivializing the tragic death of a guy in his
twenties. It's not appropriate, and it certainly isn't your place to do so.

What's funny, is that the particular place it's linking to is what's
trivializing the tragic death, not anything I've done.

  And if you're going to write some crap reply post saying that I don't
understand the clever irony of your stupid link, then save your time. I get
what you're trying to say, I just think you should swallow it and quit being
an asshole. (And that goes for saying that guy's website sucked, too... get
a grip.)

I have a grip, quite a firm one.  The stance I took on my site is
fairly non emotional.  Sort of like, "I said this...this is what
happened as a result"  If you're upset about it, you're upset at what
various people on Lugnet did.  I try to go with the facts and stay
away from personal and definitive opinions as much as possible.

  From what I've seen in the last ten minutes, there's a reason Lugnet
people don't like you. Quit whining about it...

  That's my 2 cents and if it violates the Lugnet TOS then by all means,
ban me.

I hope that doesn't happen, I think perhaps there's been enough
banning going on in the past 6 months or so.